Instagram’s back and forth loop video-maker Boomerang is a fun way to make the dull moments of life come to life again. With smartphones always within an arm’s reach capturing a moment is not a big task anymore but have you ever wondered if those crazy videos saved in your camera roll can also be put to such interesting use? If yes, then here’s a step-to-step guide on how to make your wish come true on your iPhone or Android devices respectively.
Thankfully, with so many apps at our disposal, life has become so hassle-free. There are numerous apps that convert saved videos into boomerangs in the blink of an eye and after testing a few here are two them, one for iPhone and one for Android.
CREATING BOOMERANGS FROM EXISTING VIDEOS ON IOS
So let’s talk about the boomerang converter for the iPhone app first.
- The first step would be installing the AvivA loop videos and photos App which is available on the App Store free of cost.
- Once the app is installed open it and allow it access to your device’s photos. With the help of the app, choose the video from the camera roll that you want to convert into a Boomerang.
- Now once the video has loaded, with the help of a white dot at the bottom in the video timeline, adjust the length of your boomerang. The options to choose range from ½ second, 1 second, 2 seconds and 3 seconds.
- There are more options available for the editing of your boomerang which you can access by swiping up on the time adjusting bar. You can also add text to your video and regulate the speed of the boomerang by adjusting the slider.
- By swiping upwards again the option for choosing the direction of the video will also appear. Although by default it is set to Forwards Backwards, you can change it to Backwards Forwards, Backwards or Forwards, however, you like.
- After the editing is done, click on the save icon at the bottom left and save the boomerang video to your camera roll. You can also share your boomerang directly to your various social media accounts by clicking on the share icon at the bottom right.
So that’s how you create a boomerang on your iPhone from a saved video in your camera roll.
CREATING BOOMERANGS FROM EXISTING VIDEOS ON ANDROID
The play store has plenty of apps for Android phones to turn a video into a boomerang.
- From the Play Store, install the app Video Boomerang Converter.
- After the installation opens the app and clicks on the Convert Existing Video icon.
- Select the desired video and once it is loaded, the options of Order and Audio will appear. With the Order option, you can choose the layout of your video, whether it is to be in reverse-forward direction or forward-reverse and with the Audio option you can turn on and off the sound of your video.
- When you are done, click on the Convert icon.
- After the video has been successfully converted, the option of filter application also appears. You can apply any filter you like to your boomerang. Lastly, tap on the Done icon and your video will be saved to the camera roll.
So here we showed you how to use two of the easiest apps for making a boomerang from an existing video. Do give these apps a shot and tell us about your experience with these apps or any other of the same type in the comments below. I hope you found this article informative and easy, if yes then do share on your various social media platforms.