Instagram’s back and forth loop video-maker Boomerang is a fun way to make the dull moments of life come to life again. It has been around for quite some time now and has new features to make our experience even more enjoyable. It has now three new effects to choose from and even lets you edit the video in the app itself. You can trim your boomerang to the length of your desire and edit out the unwanted parts. Instagram has introduced three new effects named as Echo, Duo, and Slowmo. It also has a new trimming tool.
What to expect from these new features? Well, now even if your video wasn’t long enough to make a boomerang but still fabulous, now you can slow it down by a second. This gives you a chance to share those tiny moments with each and every detail intact. The echo feature is more like a visual effect and adds a blurry dual vision to your boomerang video. It makes it look like a halucoinatory image which is leaving a trail as the video progresses. The Duo effect is a rewind tool that gives a cool finishing transition to your video with a sudden rewind. It also alters the speed of the video making it look even more visually appealing.
The trimming tool is also a very handy feature as now you can control from where your mini video starts and stops. This not only gives users more creative control but also gives a chance to post content that earlier they couldn’t have because of unwanted parts.
With smartphones always within an arm’s reach capturing a moment is not a big task anymore but have you ever wondered if those crazy videos saved in your camera roll can also be put to such interesting use? If yes, then here’s a step-to-step guide on how to make your wish come true on your iPhone or Android devices respectively.
Thankfully, with so many apps at our disposal, life has become so hassle-free. There are numerous apps that convert saved videos into boomerangs in the blink of an eye and after testing a few here are two them, one for iPhone and one for Android.
CREATING BOOMERANGS FROM EXISTING VIDEOS ON IOS
So let’s talk about the boomerang converter for the iPhone app first.
- The first step would be installing the AvivA loop videos and photos App which is available on the App Store free of cost.
- Once the app is installed open it and allow it access to your device’s photos. With the help of the app, choose the video from the camera roll that you want to convert into a Boomerang.
- Now once the video has loaded, with the help of a white dot at the bottom in the video timeline, adjust the length of your boomerang. The options to choose range from ½ second, 1 second, 2 seconds, and 3 seconds.
- There are more options available for the editing of your boomerang which you can access by swiping up on the time adjusting bar. You can also add text to your video and regulate the speed of the boomerang by adjusting the slider.
- By swiping upwards again the option for choosing the direction of the video will also appear. Although by default it is set to Forwards Backwards, you can change it to Backwards Forwards, Backwards, or Forwards, however, you like.
- After the editing is done, click on the save icon at the bottom left and save the boomerang video to your camera roll. You can also share your boomerang directly to your various social media accounts by clicking on the share icon at the bottom right.
So that’s how you create a boomerang on your iPhone from a saved video in your camera roll.
CREATING BOOMERANGS FROM EXISTING VIDEOS ON ANDROID
The play store has plenty of apps for Android phones to turn a video into a boomerang.
- From the Play Store, install the app Video Boomerang Converter.
- After the installation opens the app and clicks on the Convert Existing Video icon.
- Select the desired video and once it is loaded, the options of Order and Audio will appear. With the Order option, you can choose the layout of your video, whether it is to be in reverse-forward direction or forward-reverse, and with the Audio option you can turn on and off the sound of your video.
- When you are done, click on the Convert icon.
- After the video has been successfully converted, the option of filter application also appears. You can apply any filter you like to your boomerang. Lastly, tap on the Done icon and your video will be saved to the camera roll.
So here we showed you how to use two of the easiest apps for making a boomerang from an existing video. Unlike the old days when there was a separate app to create boomerangs, now you can make these short videos instantly through the boomerang feature that has been integrated into the main app itself. With these new features, Instagram is now competing with apps like Tik-Tok which has countless creative effects. This is the biggest upgrade that Instagram has introduced in the past few years, especially with the boomerang feature. Although Instagram has remained at the top in the social media platform for the past few years, it is now receiving competition from multiple apps that offer much more creative content than Instagram.
With these new upgrades, Instagram is again exploring ways of maintaining its supremacy over other platforms and will probably be successful if it makes the user experience more convenient and creative. Do give this app a shot and tell us about your experience with this app or any other of the same type in the comments below. I hope you found this article informative and easy, if yes then do share on your various social media platforms.