These days, Boomerang clips are a huge trend. Boomerang is an audio-free video loop that’s made up of several photos and videos. It looks like a live photo, a meme, or a GIF. Because of its practicality, Boomerang has become very popular, especially on IG stories and Instagram. It was Instagram that developed the Boomerang app to help users shoot cool video loops. If you’re interested in making your own Boomerang from scratch or from one of your existing videos, you can do this in different ways.
Instagram’s Boomerang App
Since Boomerang is a creation of Instagram for its users to create video loops. When you use this app, your Boomerang video will be permanently posted. After downloading the app, you can follow these steps:
- To record a video, press the record button and hold it.
- Once you have your video, tap the IG button.
- Choose Feed or Stories to post.
This app allows you to add locations, tags, and text. To create an interesting Boomerang, you can use several tricks on the app like:
- Tap the screen of your phone using 4 fingers simultaneously to display the settings page on the screen.
- Here, you can change boomerang mode, video resolution, and frame count, or add YouTube loop and other cool video effects.
For the best quality videos, it’s recommended to save your video in 1080P then choose the Forward and Back mode. Unfortunately, you can’t use your existing videos when you use this app. You need other apps for this.
Make Boomerang on iOS
You can create a Boomerang video on iOS by installing Aviva first. You can find this on the App store. Then, follow these simple steps:
- Launch the app then access your Photos.
- Use the app to get the videos from the Camera Roll and display these on the screen.
- Tap on the video you want from the Camera Roll, the one you plan to convert into a Boomerang video.
- The video you choose will load.
- In the timeline of the video, move the white dot at the bottom so that you can choose your Boomerang video’s starting point.
- At this point, you can choose the length of your Boomerang video.
- If you would like more options for editing, swipe upward where you can find the options to choose the time.
- This will give you the choice to add text or even choose the speed using the slider.
- When you slide the screen upward again, you will get options to set your video’s direction. The Boomerang default is Forwards Backwards, but you can choose other directions too.
When you’re happy with the settings of your Boomerang video, save the video to your Camera Roll using the save icon. Find this at the bottom-left part of the screen. By tapping the bottom-right icon, you can share your video to social media platforms directly.
Make Boomerang on Android
While Google Play Store offers many apps for Android users to convert an existing video into Boomerang, one of the most popular apps is the Video Boomerang Converter. Install the app, launch it, and click the Convert Existing Video icon. Then follow these steps:
- Choose the video you want.
- When the video loads, you will see the options of Order and Audio. The Order option allows you to select your video’s layout, whether you want the direction to be forward-reverse or reverse-forward. The Audio option allows you to either turn your video’s sound on or off.
- When you’re done, click the Convert icon.
- After successfully converting your video, you will see the filter options. Choose which filter you want for your boomerang.
- When you’re done, tap the Done icon to save your Boomerang video to your Camera Roll.
FlexClip is another great app you can use to create your Boomerang using existing photos or videos. This app offers some superb editing tools for videos like transitions, video trimming, and special effects to create interesting Boomerang videos. With its exports feature, you can even export your Boomerang video a lot faster compared to any other app. Follow these steps to use this app:
- Add your existing video to the Media section of the app then apply it to the storyboard.
- Tap the paste button to copy the storyboard.
- Continue editing to improve your Boomerang like adding transitions, trimming, or changing your video’s speed.
- Preview your video.
- When you’re happy with it, you can export your Boomerang video.
Boomerangs are short video loops that move back and forth through the action, hence the name. Of course, you can choose other directions too from the settings. This is a new way of sharing the energy of a scene that viewers won’t see in simple photos. Now you know that there are different ways you can make a Boomerang from an existing video. The best part is, you can make it in a very short time.